Monday, May 20
Thank you for your interest in attending the 2019 City of Chicago Inauguration Ceremony. Due to an overwhelming response and space limitations within the Wintrust Arena, our waitlist is fully subscribed.
Watch the Inauguration via the live stream below.
Official Inauguration Ceremony
10:00 AM – Event begins
10:30 AM – Official swearing-in ceremony
200 E Cermak Road
- Chicago’s “Hamilton, ” Miguel Cervantes
- Chicago Sinfonietta
- Puerto Rican Arts Alliance and Latin Music Program
- Chicago Gay Men’s Chorus; After School Matters Choir; and others.
City Hall Open House
2:00 - 4:00 PM
Mayor’s Office, City Hall
121 N. LaSalle St, 5th Floor
Open to public, no tickets required
- Visitors are asked to enter on Washington St. to form a line in the 1st floor lobby. Once on the 5th floor, all visitors will go through security and be asked to remove and check their coats before entering the Mayor’s Office. Coats will be returned upon exiting the office.
- Photos will be taken by City of Chicago photographers only, no personal cameras or phones will be allowed. Visitors will receive a card with instructions for downloading their photo.
- Upon exiting the office, visitors will be invited to the 4th floor lobby for a slice of Eli’s Cheesecake before leaving the building. The commemorative cheesecake will be on display in the 1st floor lobby and will be donated to Misericordia Home following the open house.
Media outlets required to check-in at the Randolph St. entrance beginning at 1:00 PM and are asked to RSVP to [email protected]
Attending the Inaugural?
Here’s what you need to know.
- Doors open at 8:00 a.m.
- Pre-program begins at 10:00 a.m.
- Ceremony begins promptly at 10:30 a.m.
Please bring a printed copy of your ticket(s) or have your ticket(s) readily available on your smartphone. You must have a ticket to enter the Wintrust Arena. Please be sure to check your spam and junk folders if you have not received your tickets.
While the tickets have a seat number printed on them, there will not be assigned seats for attendees. Your ticket indicates a designated section, but it will be open seating within that section. Some General Admission seats have obstructed views. We encourage you to arrive early to select your seat.
A few reminders:
- Guests should enter at 200 E. Cermak Road, which is the intersection of East Cermak Road and Indiana Avenue.
- Due to the busy nature of the McCormick Square campus, parking will be limited. Paid parking is available at McCormick Place Lots A, B, and C. We encourage guests to take public transportation, cabs or rideshares to and from the event.
- Guests should bring as few items as possible. Purses, bags or containers larger than a small clutch bag (4.5″ x 6.5″ or 6.5″ x 4.5″) are not allowed. Food, beverages, signs, weapons and illegal substances are also not allowed. For a full list of prohibited items, please visit: https://wintrustarena.com/plan-your-visit/prohibited-items/.
- In an effort to enhance public safety and the guest experience, Wintrust Arena will implement the use of metal detectors upon arrival to the venue.
Rideshare Savings Codes
Code is CHIMAYOR19, for 20% off rides, up to $10
Code is CHIMAYOR19, for 20% off 2 rides, to/from the event, up to $5 per ride. Add code in Promo section of the app, or claim through this link: https://www.lyft.com/invite/chimayor19
Better Together Chicago is an Illinois not for profit corporation operating under Section 501(c) 4 of the Internal Revenue Code. It is not a “political fundraising committee” as defined in the Chicago Governmental Ethics Ordinance nor a “political committee” as defined in the Illinois Election Code.
Better Together Chicago
325 North LaSalle St.
Chicago, IL 60654